Apply for funding
I am incredibly grateful to the SCF for supporting my work as a Swiss playwright in the UK. They helped both fund and market my first stage play, and their participation was essential in giving me the credibility I needed. The fact that they took a chance on me at such an early stage in my career is something I will remember and value forever.
Nadia Cavelle, Writer, Director, Actor
The Swiss Cultural Fund UK supports emerging and established Swiss artistic talents in the United Kingdom. Applicants must fulfil the following criteria in order to be considered:
- Applicants must be Swiss nationals or must have been living in Switzerland for at least five years and have a proven track record.
- Artists can only apply once they have a project planned with a well-established and recognized not-for-profit UK cultural organization or venue in the UK.
- Priority is given to emerging artists who are at the beginning of their career.
- Artists who are students will not be supported by means of a bursary or similar grant.
- Venues / Institutions may apply in the name of the Swiss artist(s) they are presenting.
Please note that support for one artist or organization will generally not exceed £3000 over two consecutive financial years.
The Project must:
- Demonstrate a high standard of artistic quality or specialist skill
- Be innovative in subject and professional in implementation
- Be accessible to the public
- Promote sustainability and be socially inclusive
- Demonstrate an appropriate cost-benefit ratio
- Be submitted in ENGLISH and two months prior to its start date
- Be submitted by the relevant deadline. Applications submitted at a later stage cannot be considered.
February - 02.02.2020
April - 26.04.2020 *
August - 30.08.2020
November - 15.11.2020
* In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Swiss Cultural Fund is cancelling the application deadline 26 April 2020. Should your application be affected by this change, please get in touch with us via email@example.com to discuss alternative possibilities.
Applicants will be contacted within three weeks of the relevant deadline.
Please note that the trustees are unable to enter into any correspondence about decisions taken in board meetings concerning financial support for particular projects. As an independent charity the Swiss Cultural Fund UK’s project budget is limited, therefore grants awarded generally do not exceed a maximum allocation of £3000 per project.